With TeamViewer desktop sharing has never been easier: you will now be able to connect to the desktop of a partner anywhere on the Internet.
TeamViewer also works in the other direction: Show your own desktop to a partner over the Internet and illustrate your own developed software, presentations or solutions.
Occasionally, users might need to access their home computer when they are at work, even if it is only to access a few files. Rather than going home, copying the files on a USB flash stick then travelling back to work, one could leave the home PC on and access it using TeamViewer.
TeamViewer is an intuitive utility that enables users to remotely connect to a computer, view its desktop and operate it as if it was their own. Furthermore, these functions are not limited to professionals alone, as the user-friendly interface also allows beginners to use it, even if they have not tested a remote utility before.
Basically, in order to use TeamViewer, the app needs to be installed on both of the computers involved in the connection, and each of them get a unique ID and password. Whenever a user wants to gain control of the other computer, they need to input the corresponding ID and password, and they are connected.
In other words, one can set up a remote controller, start a file transfer, or access a VPN, with anyone in the world.
Another use for TeamViewer is setting up a presentation, that can be accessed be multiple users simultaneously, while granting them "read-only" privileges, so they cannot control anything on the host desktop.
Moreover, TeamViewer enables users to create a list of computers to automatically control remotely , manage them, and even exchange instant messages.
It should be noted that the speed and performance of the connection depend on the characteristics of the host computer, i.e. the faster the PC, the more stable the remote connection. Also, it is best to stop all the unnecessary applications in order to allow TeamViewer to use as much RAM as it requires.
To sum it up, TeamViewer comes in very handy when a remote connection is needed, especially considering that it comes without any charge.
Key Features :
Remote Control without Installation:
· With TeamViewer you can remotely control any PC anywhere on the Internet. No installation is required, just run the application on both sides and connect - even through tight firewalls.
Remote Presentation of Products, Solutions and Services:
· The second TeamViewer mode allows you to present your desktop to a partner. Show your demos, products and presentations over the Internet within seconds - live from your screen.
· TeamViewer comes with integrated file transfer that allows you to copy files and folders from and to a remote partner - which also works behind firewalls
Works behind Firewalls:
· The major difficulties in using remote control software are firewalls and blocked ports, as well as NAT routing for local IP addresses.
· If you use TeamViewer you don't have to worry about firewalls: TeamViewer will find a route to your partner.
Highest Security Standard:
· TeamViewer is a very secure solution. The commercial TeamViewer versions feature completely secure data channels with key exchange and RC4 session encoding, the same security standard used by https/SSL.
No Installation Required:
· To install TeamViewer no admin rights are required. Just run the software and off you go...
· Optimized for connections over LANs AND the Internet, TeamViewer features automatic bandwidth-based quality selection for optimized use on any connection.